Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stardust


Now, I know it's going to sound like sour grapes, since the movie has gotten better reviews than any of my prequels, but the fact is, Stardust is a complete rip-off of Star Wars.

You see, they both start with the word star, also, I originally wanted to cast Claire Danes as Jar Jar Binks. But then Dennis told me we could make Jar Jar digitally, and since that's always a better idea, I chucked Claire.

Don't get me wrong, there were some great parts in Stardust, I really liked some of the digital landscapes, and even though it was my idea first, having a floating pirate ship that harvests lightning hasn't ever been implemented this well. I guess the acting was pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing. And apparently, people seem to like the dialogue and the characters, though I prefer my characters to be much more flat so that you can really appreciate the majesty of the digital things I've created.

Oh well, it's worth a watch if you're starved for entertainment.

No comments: